“Summer, Summer Summer time! Just sit back and then unwind!!! Summer is finally here!! Whoop Whoop!!! To help make sure your summer wardrobe is in order and taken to another level, I am sharing 5 summer accessories that you can’t live without. Accessories, as you know, can make or break an outfit. And can easily transform an outfit from boring to chic!!!
Summer can be very HOT, especially if you live in the stifling humidity of Houston!!! This is not the time to overly accessorize and put on a ton of makeup! It’s too hot for all that! So here are 5 summer accessories that will always put the icing on the cake for your summer outfits.
1.Sunglasses: That’s an obvious “Duh!!!”Right?! But here me out. This is the perfect time to choose a pair that is outrageous or trendy to really set off your outfit. Your sunglasses get the most wear in the summer season so why not choose a cat eye frame or mirrored sunglasses (which I think it a must have staple for the summer). Of course, its nice to have a pair of classic frames like a pair of Aviators or Ray Ban Wayfarers. Here are some pictured below.
Style Tip: Because sunglasses get the most wear during one season why splurge on them. Here some options listed below. I love to get sunglasses from:
- Forever 21
- Charming Charlie There is a 2 for $15 sale going on right now for sunglasses
- Busy Days of Shopping
- Sunglass Hut (If you want to splurge on a pair of Wayfarers)
2. Minimal jewelry. Another great accessory you can’t live without is simple and minimal necklaces for the summer. Put away those chunky and bold statement necklaces and switch to simple and lighter necklaces. Some of my go-to pieces are studded earrings with simple geometric shapes, pendant necklaces, or bangles for your wrist. They will dot and accent your outfit without looking like you tried to hard.
Style tip: To show off delicate necklaces, wear a V-neck or scoop neck blouse or dress.
Favorite stores for minimal jewelry:
3. A bright colored bag. Yes, the louder the better. It’s a great statement piece to elevate an ordinary outfit. I don’t know about you guys but in the summer, I like my outfits to be easy and breezy and let my accessories do the talking. A bright bag like pictured below is a great go too.
Clutch: RAW handbag
4. Sunhat. I never liked hats!!! Until recently and now especially in the summer heat, sun hats are an absolute must summer accessory. They protect you from those harsh sun rays, but are great fall backs when my natural hair is not cooperating!! They are so many options, but I chose this classic straw hat with black trimming and the cutest saying on it! I can easily style this hat with an everyday outfit or use it for multiple vacations on the beach. I scored this cute one from Saks fifth off for $34.
5. Last but not least clutches. One of my favorite summer accessories. I don’t know about you guys, but I like to downsize my tote bag and satchels for the summer. I keep my makeup look very simple in the summer so the amount of stuff that I carry around is minimal. What better alternative than a clutch. I like to look for ones that are colorful, have prints, or textures. It’s all about the details with clutches. Here are some examples of my faves.
Here are some options listed below:
Photography by: Floyd Designs
Ladies I have shared 5 summer accessories that you can’t live without. No matter the trends, these accessories will serve you for timeless summer seasons to come. As Michael Kors eloquently said:
I’ve always thought of accessories as the exclamation point of a woman’s outfit.
And I totally agree with this statement. So why not play around this summer and every summer and find fun and different accessories to accent your wardrobe. What is your top accessory you can’t live without in the summertime? Please leave a comment below. If you love this post please share on your other social platforms. Follow me on Instagram @mymaynewardrobe where I share style tips, outfit ideas, my favorite scriptures, and encouraging quotes.