My name is Janel Mayne. I currently live in Houston, Texas with my husband. I am an Occupational Therapist. I would describe my style with 3 c’s classic, comfortable, chic. So I started this blog to share my love personal style, my faith, and just provide a positive space where women can come for simple, but chic styles and feel empowered. I love God and he is a big part of my life.
Hi. Welcome to My Mayne Wardrobe. I launched this blog in September 2015. This is a place for women who love classic pieces, don’t want to think too hard when dressing for anything, but still want to look chic and put together with simple and basic items, and want to feel empowered and encouraged.
Since you are here:
- are in a fashion rut.
- Clueless about how to come up with different ways of styling your clothes you already own
- have difficulty understanding and knowing what staples or basics to have in your own wardrobe.
- need inspiration on outfit ideas
- are interested in different products that are out there that are not in the mainstream
- need encouragement or help with things life may throw at you
If one of those resonates with you, then you have come to the right place!! You will find, style tips, fashion inspiration and words of encouragement. This will include:
- Provide multiple style options for basic items that you may already own in your closet.
- Share classic and chic outfit ideas for different occasions including work, holidays, date night etc.
- Share basic and staple items to add to your wardrobe for functionality.
- Share amazing product reviews or clothing I find from black owned and small businesses on my site.
- Share my faith as a Christian in my daily life and personal experiences to help others.
- All pieces of clothing are affordable and will be listed under each outfit.
So whatever the throes of life or dilemma, that may come your way, hopefully, my site will help encourage and inspire you and help build and add to your main wardrobe!!
Where it all began!!!
Picture this: Have you ever gone into your closet and scanned the rows, and rows, and rows and rows of clothes and shoes you own and that famous phrase pops into your head, “I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!! Well, that phrase hit me when I was 27 years old.
Transitioning from college life to Bam! Adulthood. Put me in an awkward stage with my clothes. My wardrobe was disjointed, laughable, and just all over the place! I worked in the hospital setting for 3.5 years and started working in the schools with special need students. I no longer had the option of aimlessly throwing on whichever scrub my hand touched, I had to wear real CLOTHES!!! That’s when I realized I did not have a functional wardrobe.
All my clothes were impulsive buys that would hang in my closet for months with the tags still on them and I would never wear it!! Or none of my clothes were appropriate for work. I was constantly running to the store because it seems I never had the basics ore pieces to form one whole outfit. Let’s just say I wasted a lot of money and was miserable about my closet!!
I am 31 years old and I had to learn and completely overhaul my closet to have a functional and cohesive wardrobe. It took me a long time to finally grasp, understand and identify what my personal style is.
I started this blog because I love to help and serve other people. I know there are a lot of women out there who are or was in the position I was in and hated their closet!!! With My Mayne Wardrobe, I want to help women feel empowered, proud, inspired, and confident about their own wardrobe. Giving you the power to know that you can be stylish with what you already have, it just takes some creative flair and planning.
“In a world full of trends, I will remain a classic.” -Iman