Hello, lovely ladies. I hope all is well. I have gotten many requests to do some outfits that are easy to transition from day to night. In this post, I will be sharing simple day to night summer outfits. Hopefully, I will write more posts on this topic for other seasons.
These looks will be centered on 2 items I know every woman has in their closet for the summer. Shorts and a nice summer dress. Since moving to Houston, I have realized the only way to beat this humidity and be comfortable yet fashionable is to have these two items on heavy rotation.
Sometimes transitioning these items from day to night can be tricky. But, here are some tips that have helped me in the past and style inspiration to transition your look from day to night. So when that impromptu dinner date or special event pops up you will be ready!!
Simple Day Outfit # 1
HauteLook hat: similar
Palais Royale cross body bag: similar
Style tip: When dressing for a day outfit remember to:
- Keep it casual. As pictured above and below cute flat sandals and hat gives off a more casual and laid back vibe.
- A cross body bag is a great option during the day. I love them because they free up your hands for when you are running errands.
- Wear minimal jewelry. You can wear heavy chunky necklaces if you want but for the summer it’s too hot for all that. It’s nice to wear easy and effortless outfits.
Express clutch: similar
JC Penny wedges: similar
Here is a fun daytime look with shorts. Off the shoulder, blouses are very on trend right now, yet I find them very classy and chic. They are subtle in appeal, where they only show off your shoulders, but leave room for the imagination. The top balances out how short my shorts are.
Simple day to night Outfit #1
Here I kept the same blouse and shorts but changed out my accessories.
Style tip: When transforming a look from day to night:
- When in doubt wear heels. In this case, because it’s summer, a pair of heeled sandals or wedges are nice options. A pair of metallic heels would work for any outfit in the summer and instantly dresses up the look. Plus wearing heels with shorts helps elongate the legs.
- Accessories are important for a night time outfit. Add drop earrings, studs, bracelets, or a necklace to elevate and glam up the look. Wearing no jewelry at all for a night out makes the outfit look boring and plain. You need pizzaz when going out at night!
- Wear a dark shade of lipstick. Seriously it never fails. I always reach for a red lipstick for my night time makeup look. It instantly pulls the look together. Every woman needs that one lipstick for night time as there fail safe. Here I am wearing purple, but still a great transition color for night.
Simple Day Outfit #2
A simple summer dress. Loose fitting and easy to throw on, dresses make the perfect summer pieces. Not much thought process has to go in wearing a dress, just make sure it fits properly and it’s not tight.
Target dress: similar
Ross metallic sandals: similar
Style tip: Tote bags are great items for summer. They are perfect additions for casual looks. The sandals and bag make the look easy going and effortless, which is great for a daytime look.
Simple day to Night outfit #2
Just Fab shoes: similar
Express clutch: similar
Same dress, but now I am ready for a night on the town!!!
Style Tip: Showing off your shoulders are in. With this dress, I pulled down the sleeves, which worked perfectly with this look and transformed the feel to a more dressier outfit.
I used the same tips as mentioned above, changed out my shoes, my earrings and swapped my tote bag for a fun clutch.
I hope this post provided some ideas on how to transform and transition your ordinary shorts and dress into a simple, yet classy night outfit. I use these style tips often when I have to make a quick change for a night out. Hopefully, these outfits will inspire you as we finish out the rest of the summer!!!