Hello, Ladies!! Here is how to pack light for vacation Part II. If you want to know my packing process and space saving tips click How to pack light for vacation using a carry-on and tote. In this post, I will be sharing with you ladies 8 different outfits I created from the list mentioned in Part I and provide tips on how to pack your carry-on. When choosing and creating these outfits I kept these ideas in mind:
- Using statement necklaces to dress up plain t-shirts, sleeveless tanks, or a dress
- Color blocking your clothes: This means pairing contrasting solid colors together. For example pair, complimentary colors together to add brightness and make a statement
- Bring a pair of heels or wedges to dress up any look and make sure they are neutral so they can be paired with anything (ex. shorts, skirts, or dresses)
- Use accessories like earrings or purses to dress up an outfit or make it more casual
- It is ok to wear one item more than once because you can add accessories, take away accessories, or pair the item with another piece of clothing and you will completely change the feel of the overall look
Using the principles described above here are some looks that I put together that hopefully with inspire you to create different looks for your next upcoming vacation. After the looks, I will show you how I pack my clothes in my carry-on. So… here are the looks.
Casual and Comfortable outfits for vacation:
Option #1: Perfect outfit to wear on the plane
Hot Miami styles maxi dress (sold out): similar
Style tip: Make your dresses or maxi skirts work double time. Throw blouses or shirts over your dresses to make them look like skirts!!!
Option #2: Wear this outfit for a casual lunch.
Style tip: Because Kimonos are light-weight material, you can easily use them as cover ups for your bathing suit
H&M kimon0: similar
Small cross body bag: similar
Option #3: Wear this for an excursion or sightseeing(comfortable footwear is important for these activities!!!) You could easily switch out the sneakers and wear comfortable sandals!
Style tip: Small cross body bags as pictured above, are a perfect size for vacation. They do not take up much room in your luggage and they are able to hold only the essentials you will need on your trip (ex. credit cards, id, cash etc.)
Kimono/cardigan: see above
Express blouse: similar
Boyfriend shorts: see above
White converse: see above
Option#4: This outfit could be worn for a casual or dressier dinner because of the wedges and statement necklace.
Express blouse: see above
JC penny wedges: similar
Dressed up options: All these looks could work for dinner, Captain’s night on a cruise ship etc.
linen pants: similar
Gladiater sandals: similar
Style tip: Choose a clutch with bright colors and cloth material. It will fit in nicely on your tropical vacation and really make a statement for your outfit.
Necklace thrifted: similar
Nordstrom Rack orange pants: similar
Wedges: see above
Target clutch: similar
Express dress: similar
Wedges: see above
Walmart statement necklace: see above
linen pants: see similar one above
Wedges: see above
I created 8 outfits from the list!! Not to mention, there are some blouses I didn’t even style!! I could go on and on!!! This was just an example to show you, you don’t need a lot of clothes to create multiple outfits that have variety in function, style, and color!! You will notice:
- certain pieces were worn more than once
- Neutrals were dotted throughout the outfits so items could be easily paired with the outfit
- Color blocking was used to inject color in the outfits
- Statement pieces helped dress up plain t-shirts and changed the vibe of the outfit
- Adding sneakers will make outfits more casual and perfect footwear for sightseeing
As you can see, I like to keep my outfits easy and breezy for vacation. Light materials that are breathable and colors that are bright and soft really give an effortless feel to an outfit, which is what your vacation should feel like. When planning your outfits choose colors, prints, or shoes that make you feel comfortable and stick with a certain number of items, this will prevent you from over packing. You will be surprised how many outfits you come up with the right shoes, accessories, and handbags!!!
Packing your carry-on bag:
- Bring plastic bag to place dirty clothes
- Place shoes on the bottom of your suitcase
- Packing tip: Use dryer sheets as barriers between your clothes and shoes. Will keep your clothes smelling fresh!
- Packing tip: Use plastic shower caps to place your shoes in so they won’t touch or ruin your clothes
- Rolling your clothes is a great way to save space in your carry-on
- The top zippered portion of the bag I place my underwear and bras (you didn’t need to see that in the photo)
- All liquids I keep in my tote bag in a zip lock bag in case of leaks. I have learned not to put liquids with my clothes because something always seems to want to break and ruin my clothes!!
Whew!! There you have it!! How to pack light for vacation and multiple outfit options!! I really hope this post helped and inspired you in creating outfits for your next vacation and you were able to take away some simple packing tips. Vacations are meant to be relaxing and provide peace of mind. You shouldn’t stress over your clothes!!! Make the clothes work for you and not the other way around!! Do you have any packing tips or strategies you have used in the past?? I would love for you to share in the comment box below. If you enjoyed this post please share it with friends and family. Until next time.